Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The plight of the well-endowed woman.

While I'm not a tiny woman, I'm certainly not huge. I haven't tipped the scales at 200 (yet). But I'm close. In fact, I've weighed over 190 lbs.

I wear a size 18/XL-2XL depending on the outfit, and my weight is currently in the 180s.

In fact, over the last two months of not working, I've gained some weight. :( However, I'm determined to get my weight back under control. I've been watching my calories (again) (sometimes) (maybe) and drinking more water. (I live in Texas, and my A/C broke a few weeks ago - WATER IS NECESSARY.) I think since I've started drinking more water, I've lost some water weight, so that's a good thing. Plus, I've been better hydrated.

A couple nights ago I went to the gym for the first time in a couple months. I just wanted to play in the pool. So, I did. I need to start doing laps in the pool, cardio and weights again, but at that time I just wanted to play in the pool.

It was a bit disheartening when I put my larger swimsuit on, and it was tight around the legs. :( Thankfully, it loosened up.

Prior in the day, I added a goal to 30x30 - be able to wear a bikini with confidence.

Well, the suit fitting snugly got me thinking. On my way home from the gym, I stopped at a Super Walmart. Last time I had been there, they had separate pieces for $5 each.

Well, they still had bikinis!


They even had some for $3. (But I can't find the picture.)

Well, there were definitely some cute pieces, but, being that I'm large-busted, my mission was, well, a bust.

I think most of the pieces were leftover from the Juniors Dept, however there were some Ladies Dept pieces mixed in. What's funny is the size discrepancy.


These are both a size XL. I held them up together from the waist. See the extra inch of the blue one? Remember - THEY ARE CONSIDERED THE SAME SIZE. The blue is an adult XL. The yellow is an junior XL.

It just makes me laugh. Clothing manufacturer's do discriminate against larger sizes. The fact that I couldn't find a top large enough to cover a nipple, even a "Large" bikini top, kinda helps prove my point. Also, as I said, the yellow is a Jr size and the blue is an Adult. Having such small "large" sizes in youth clothing is a way of telling girls they have to be tiny to fit in. I've heard of teen clothing manufacturer's intentionally marking sizes wrong. For example, a size 8 would be marked as a size 10. From a marketing standpoint, I'd mark a size 10 as a size 8. People would subconciously want to shop more with my brand because it makes them feel skinnier. However, marking sizes up is basically saying, "If you're bigger, we don't want your business." It's a way to affect the heads of America's youth in a negative way.

*Semi-rant over...for now.*

I did, however, find an adorable tee on clearance for $3. It's an XL and long. I didn't try it on, and thought the length would be a bit long. However, when I put it on, it's definitely not as long as on the hanger. That's because of my boobs! All that length went out. I did forget when I purchased it that large-breasted women probably shouldn't buy iron-on prints. It's not that we can't handle the print, it's that the print can't handle us. (Meaning sometimes the print stretches too much and tears.)


There's also cute Halloween themed undies for sale. I may need to stop by closer to Halloween. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment